Thursday, September 15, 2011

Betweasons.

I made that up.  Does anyone know if I can get paid for inventing a word for Urban Dictionary
Betweasons:  Noun.  (bee-twee-zons).  The time of year when it isn't one season or the other; it is in between. 

Personally, I'm not a fan of between-season weather.  Figuring out how to clothe myself in the morning is a constant challenge.  Luckily I like being creative with my wardrobe.  For those who stand in front of your closet an extra 15 minutes this time of year with "What do I wear?" resounding in your head, this post is for you...

Say you got this dress late in the Summer season.  You still like it and feel it hasn't gotten it's full use.  Well, you're right.  It hasn't.  Don't fold it up and put it in a storage bin just yet; wear it into Fall.  It can still be shown off a million different ways.   

Here's how you used to wear it, but look how you can adapt it! 
I chose to pair it with a boyfriend cardigan and some flats to warm up the look.


Now how about this tank that you know you can get some use out of, but just can't figure out how to do it?  You used to wear it with your cut offs, but now its too cool outside.  I suggest throwing a sweater over it and jumping into some skinnies.  The moccasins complete the outfit with some added personality. 

Yahtzee!! You're ready for Fall.

The bottom line is to layer. 
It's not necessarily coat weather yet, but it is no longer warm enough for bare arms and legs. 

You don't need a whole new wardrobe, just be creative with the one you have. 

No comments:

Post a Comment