Tuesday, August 30, 2011

WW$D: A wardrobe in transition...

Here's another inquiry from one of my fantastic followers asking for advice:

"I am a 30 year old wife and the mother of a toddler.  Even though I have a family, I still feel young.  Getting dressed is always a challenge for me because I feel like I have to dress both "mommy" and age appropriate even though I really want to wear some of the trendy styles I've been seeing.  How do you suggest I deal with the dilemma?"

Dear Momma,

I can understand the feeling of having to transition your wardrobe based on life changes.  And I appreciate you trying to look fashionable rather than reverting to the good 'ol "Mom Jeans".

 I don't think there is any reason why you can't still pull off current and trendy looks that are both "mom" and age appropro.  Be creative with a trend to make it work for you. Here are a couple of examples that you can hopefully find relatable.

If you like the girly and playful look of hair accessories, but feel they're more for your daughter, put a spin on the look to make it work.  Instead of wearing a big bow headband, find something similiar on a smaller scale like this satin bow from Forever 21.  Clip your half of your hair back with the bow to look fresh and youthful, but not immature or like you're trying too hard. 


I featured this girl in my Lollapalooza Fashions post earlier this month.  Maybe you like the shirt she is wearing, but are thinking it isn't an option for you. Maybe this shirt could be:


Trends are for all ages.  The key is to to think of how you can make it work for you and your lifestyle... 

No comments:

Post a Comment