Wednesday, August 10, 2011

DIY: Fringe Shirt

This project  really didn't take much brains to figure out.  I was inspired by all of the fringe shirts I saw at Lollapalooza (yes, I'm still on a Lolla-high) and knew I could easily do this myself.  Let's face it, it's way more fun to make something yourself and know that nobody else has it.  Such satisfaction!



So, let's get to work.  Here's how I did it:

Step 1:  Scour your drawers for an old t-shirt you don't care gets ruined or visit the thrift store to make such a purchase. 


Step 2:  Try the shirt on and mark to where you'd like the fringe to reach on your waistline.

Step 3:  Cut off the bottom hem, then cut thin strips of the t-shirt up to the designated line going all the way around the shirt.  I'd say make them about 1/4" thick.


Step 4:  Throw that baby on and style your shirt using what you already own. 


Tada!
And it only took me about 15 minutes :)

Yellow Shirt:  Thrift -- $1.99
Skinny Jeans:  Forever 21 -- 4 years old
Turquoise Sandals:  Target -- 1 year old
Colorful Beaded Necklace:  Forever 21 -- 5 years old
Watch:  Gift

No comments:

Post a Comment