Saturday, January 22, 2011

DIY: Taylor Swift Heart!

Go figure...Taylor Swift is wearing a shirt with a big heart on it!  (I love her!)
I thought it was cute and could recreate it myself. 
My cousin and I made it our project for the day.



1-I drew a big heart on a piece of cardboard and cut it out with a box cutter. 
Little Wiggles was helping me. 


2-So this is what I used as my stencil. 


3-Next, I cut the collar off of a $2 boy's sweatshirts purchased at a thrift store. 
I decided to go with grey instead of white.


3-Then I placed the stencil in the middle of the shirt and started dabbing
a red fabric paint on the shirt with a sponge brush. 
 I got all of my supplies at Michael's


4-I let the shirt dry according to the recommended time given by the paint bottle. 
Soon it was ready to wear!  
 Just make sure that when you wash the shirt, you turn it inside-out. 

Ta da!

This was a fun one for me.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment